1 cup 35% M.F. whipping cream
1 packet of gelatin (2 1/2 tsp)
2/3 cups powdered xylitol or other sweetener to taste
450 g cream cheese (room temperature)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1. Pour 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Add gelatin and whisk . Let sit until gelatin has softened (about 3 minutes) then microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until gelatin has completely dissolved (the gelatin should NOT BOIL). Set aside to cool.
2. Using an electric mixer and medium bowl, beat the remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream and sweetener on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
3. With the electric mixer using a separate medium bowl, beat the cream cheese (room temperature) at medium-high speed until smooth. Add the whipped cream/sweetener mixture and beat at medium-low until combined. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl well with rubber spatula.
4. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt and continue to beat at medium-low speed for another minute, scraping the sides of the bowl again. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until airy. Add cooled gelatin and add lemon zest. Continue to beat on medium-high speed for another minute until completely combined. Give everything a quick stir with the rubber spatula one more time.
5. Pour mixture into a glass container. Leave in Refrigerator for 4-6 hours at the least but it tastes better if you leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.